Ta-da! I LOVED piecing this top. It still needs a good pressing, but I was too excited to see what it looked like. It's funny when you make a quilt like this that isn't based on repetitive blocks, it's really hard to see what it looks like until you're done. The name came when I started cutting the squares and it stuck, almost as if it named itself.
Introducing, The Healer.
I was originally going to use 2.5" squares and make a baby sized quilt. Just a fun little project I told myself. Right before I started cutting, I changed my mind and upped the size of the squares to 3.5". Easy enough to cut, but I forgot that would mean more fabric. I had to place an emergency fabric order for more Kona Bone. Now it's a healthy lap size, 54"x66".
I can't wait to quilt it. The added layer of texture will add so much to it's personality.
Notes about the fabric are in this previous post.