It's a typical weekday. I picked up my oldest from school. He's starving because he didn't eat a good lunch and it's 3pm. We head to Starbucks because let's face it, Mom could use a little pick-me-up too. Thinking ahead I packed my laptop and his iPad. There is not enough time to go home before I need to pick up my youngest so we get to hang out.
Sigh. A few minutes to sip a latte and play. Happiness.
My friend Randi is leading an Ironing Board sew along so I headed over to her shop and picked out my fabrics. I've been wanting to recover my sad little ironing board for awhile, but I definitely need some hand holding. Ironing boards just seem so big and awkward. And then there is the piping, cording, or whatever to deal with. Anyways, I found LOTS or pretty fabrics, but I couldn't figure out which ones I wanted to buy without seeing them together. I made a quick little mock up. Like Jaye says, "make visual decisions, visually."
Q: Guess which combination I bought for my new ironing board?
- Turtle Bay in Aqua, Little Dot in Sunshine, Rain Drops in Storm
- Forest Life in Watermelon. Kona Candy Pink, Ping Pong in Yellow
- Outfoxed in Outwitted, Kona Charcoal, Bright Green Jewel in Outwitted
- Ruby Swoon in Grey, Tiny Gingham in Red, Ruby Sundae in Grey
- Speckle in Sky, Scissors in Cream, Chinoserie
Answer: I bought #5 Did you guess right? : )